Monday, May 19, 2008

So...

Okay all, here was the deal with your adventure choice for us. As of friday afternoon Arnold and I were psyched and ready to go, we checked the weather and the black canyon looked less than promising. Sorry to burst your bubbles, but we decided to wait for a couple weeks before we forge ahead with poison ivy, ticks, rocks, etc. So, we met at the Golden City Brewery to discuss alternatives. The choice was Rifle and despite the lack of parking and the fact that I REALLY can't climb any of the routes there, we got psyched. As the evening progressed and we moved from the GCB to The Spot to Cass and Angela's, which always spells trouble, so did our weekend plans. We decided to head to the Poudre, take it easy on Saturday with some bouldering at the 420's and then camp and climb at the Crystal Wall, which I wrote about a couple weeks ago, on Sunday.

Well, as I woke up Saturday I was pretty sure that I was going to make it to the Poudre, in fact, I was a complete wreck. Damn. We lounged and changed plans again. The Monastery for Sunday. We actually went climbing! Yes, we had a good day, but windy day at the Monastery, which I thought was a fitting place to climb on a Sunday. So, this post is half apologetic half self loathing for being wrecked for saturday climbing. Oh, and by the way, I checked the weather for the Black during the afternoon on Saturday, PERFECT! I hate weathermen and myself. Until next time...

bronco

1 comment:

dachoppera said...

this doesn't work if you don't do exactly what we tell you...ever seen ed tv?